My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Sunday, August 01, 2004

two of my favorite scripture verses

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 NIV
This is the verse that I received just after I got home from my month long "exploration" trip to Haiti way back in March 2002! I was spending quiet time with the Lord after an "Total Devotion" worship night at my church and I was lead to this verse and God spoke to my heart and told me that I don't have to be afraid of what the future holds. That He had it all planned out and that He had given me His peace. That if I would just listen and answer His call, then I would find joy and peace more abundant.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD ,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV
This is "my" verse, I have had this verse on my heart for many years and I find it gives me strength when I start to worry about my future and what is going to happen down the road. I am reminded that God knows everything that He has planned for me and I just have to seek Him, listen to His voice and follow. How easy is that!