My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Monday, February 06, 2006

UNO

Playing & teaching UNO at Ronel's. I bought Ronel UNO cards for Christmas (another visiting blan had taught him and some others but they had no cards) and yesterday he wanted to play. So, Marie-Berth, Manouchka, Oltrich, Ronel & I all played (Dayana & Joanne just hung out and watched) - Manouchka (girl with pink pants & red top) caught on really quick! The others did well too. Everyone but Marie-Berth won a hand and she was a good sport about it! (but I have to say I won the game - I've been losing at every game lately so it was a nice change!)
It was nice to hang out and play with kids outside the compound. Gave me a glimpse into "normal" Haitian life and having just anyone pop over and visit - here everyone who wants to enter has to first check with security and they check with us if we want to see them -it isn't the same!
There were probably 3 0r 4 neighbourhood kids who just stopped in for a short visit - I think some of it was cause the blan was there -but fun none the less!