My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Friday, August 06, 2004

Cecile


This is Cecile, also one of our mommies. I also took this photo while she was laughing as I love to see them smile. Cecile is more than just an employee for me. Since I have gotten back, we have become very close and she is like a sister. I can talk to her about alot of things that I wouldn't talk about with the other staff and she often comes with me when I have to brave going to the open market. She is also the one I call when I need help understanding someone's Creole as she takes the time to speak slow and clear for me. She is very sweet and is great fun to be around. She is also an AMAZING soccer player. She was on Haiti's national soccer team when she was younger. You can often find her out in the yard with one or more of the kids kicking around the soccer ball. She is also Solange's sister and their other sister Claudy is our orphanage manager. They all work quite well together and it fits our "family" atmosphere very well.