My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

officially hooked!

Okay, I think now is about the time to admit that I am hooked! To my "blog" that is! I have become addicted in posting new things on here as often as possible. It is currently 10:20pm and I have a headache the size of Texas but here I am typing this instead of going to bed (maybe also because I know that I will only just lay in bed, and not sleep because of the heat and my headache) Tonight Maudeline braided my hair into a billion little braids. It is actually quite cute but weird feeling. Every time I move my head, all these braids follow. It reminds me of when I got the extensions put in last year except that there aren't as many since it is all my own hair so it is not as heavy or as much fun. I have been considering putting in extensions again but don't know if I could handle the weight of them in this heat or be able to sit for that long again while they braid them in. It took over 8 hours last year to braid my whole head with the extensions.
While Maudeline braided my hair, we watched "Kate & Leopold". As the movie progressed, the number of kids in my living room grew. I didn't have a problem with it as I love to hang out with them and they love to watch films - even if they don't understand most of what is going on. So we spent a lovely evening watching a film while I got my head pulled in 20 different directions as she made my head into her work of art. I will try and post a photo of my current "
do"

Well, I should try and head off to at least get ready for bed!
- until tomorrow then!