My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Haitian fun

Okay, so I just had to post this before I went to bed and forgot about it.
Tonight I had a blast! I had my first water fight with my kids - though I was a little out numbered, like 6 to 1! I went down to the kids home to dole out some meds to one of the kids (nurse if just one of my many titles around here) and I had just showered since I decided I wanted to lay down on the grass and watch the stars - I learned fast that was not a good idea! I started itching like crazy and had to go bathe and scrub like crazy! So I was in my "night clothes" a tank top and shorts, all ready for bed and I was hot, Marcus had just come in with some ice cold water from our water cooler and, jokingly I said, Can you pour that on my head? Well he took me up on it and then when I headed up to my house, they followed me and attacked me with cups of cold water. I actually enjoyed it but I didn't manage to get any of them wet as they are too fast on their feet for me, and my sandals were soaked and so my feet were sliding around in them. All in a day's work around here!

This is a verse that I received the other day that I really liked and so wanted to share with you.

Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies
before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; then stick to the path and stay safe. Don't get sidetracked. Proverbs 4:25-27 NLT