My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Friday, August 06, 2004

Sabine


This is Sabine. She is hard to describe, but very easy to l0ve. She is quieter than most of the other girls and is usually hanging out near the mommies. She is the quiet tagalong and never complains when asked to do something.
She fell the other day and gave herself a fat lip and spend the whole day hiding out in her bed cause she didn't want anyone to see. I told her that it didn't matter and that she was "my beautiful Sabiney" always. She would leave her room at all, not even to eat. I felt bad and I think one or more of the kids may have laughed at her or said something to make her feel self-consious. Haitians are really bad at that - laughing when someone makes a mistake or hurts themself. We are trying to teach our kids and staff that it is not okay to do that.