My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Thursday, November 10, 2005

creatures!

Well, as you can see - this was a gorgeous tarantula (or so I was told!) - The shadow you see if of Lynn getting up really close for a photo while I stood in the gallery shining our big flashlight! She even tried to touch it! There were a couple things Lynn wanted to see while she was here - A tarantula (and if it happened to make it into her luggage on her way home - well all the better!)
















an up close look..

The other thing she wanted to see was a cockroach and so when I went down into the storage room the night before she was leaving and a cockroach came running out at me - I told the kids to run and get Lynn - so she came down and saw the cockroach and then we killed it and took a photo ~This is what a dead cockroach looks like in Haiti~



So - enjoy this little glimpse of the creatures of Haiti