My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

venting....

Okay - so this is me just getting out my frustration and since I am alone in my office, I am posting this!

Today is election day here in Haiti - that means no school, no work, nothing is open today. Ronel just called me (just cause he wanted to hear my voice and know that I'm okay) on a friend's cell phone. I asked if he was going to come see me tonight (since I am not allowed off the compound today!) and he said No, cause "they" would take his moto if he tried to come up here or even just go on the road. "They" would be the police or UN. Only authorized vehicles allowed on the road (ones that are transporting people to or from the voting centers) - trying to keep the chance of violence down. I only have 6 days left in Haiti that I can spend with Ronel and one of them we have to be apart because this country is so filled with troublemakers and so its unsafe to come see me because of the elections happening! ARGHHHHHH!

One more thing on my list of things I am not going to miss!