My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Thursday, August 05, 2004

friendship is a gift.

Today my mind has been on all my dear wonderful friends that I miss and love so very much. Friends are such an important part of life and all too often we take them for granted. I have friends that are older than me, some by just a few years and others by many years. I have friends who are younger than me. I have friends who are the same age as me. And I learn from all of them, they each have things that are unique to themselves and I hope and pray that they can each learn something from their friendship with me. I have been gathering quotes about friendship and thought that this would be a good place to post some of them. I hope that they touch your heart as they have touched mine.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend. -- Albert Camus

A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.--Anonymous

Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief.--Swedish proverb

I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.--Charles R. Swindoll

An honest answer is the sign of true friendship.--Proverbs 24:26

Never forget me, because if I thought you would, I'd never leave.--A. A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.--Walter Winchell

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.--Anonymous

When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.--Edgar Watson Howe