My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Friday, August 06, 2004

Rose Martha


I don't know what to say about Rose Martha other than I love her servant heart and her love for God. I love to watch her during church.. raising her hands to worship her Lord! Most people have "routines" they follow during worship, especially here.. say this here, do this now, then say this and then do this. People can be very religious here and the sad thing is that they learned that from the missionaries years ago. I have been told that if I wear pants or shorts outside my compound then I can't be a Christian.. oh, if they only saw my church back home - we have women wearing pants in church and leading worship all at the same time!! But Rose Martha has a genuine love and desire to learn about God and we are encouraging that desire as much as possible!