My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Sunday, August 08, 2004

sandals....no more..


my favourite sandals! when I bought them I figured I would wear them more as slippers, inside the house and I fell in love with them and wore them everywhere, I only changed them when I left the compound and was heading to church or going to Port etc. Walking over the rough ground between my house and the kids house wore them out pretty fast. I painted both bathrooms in our house with them on, I continued wearing them even after they started wearing thin but had to stop when the hole appeared on the one since rocks were poking my heel and making it very painful to walk around. I have had to resort to wearing my haitian "rubber tire" sandals which are not as comfortable at all since the straps are hard rubber/plastic and it rubs in the heat and creates sores on my feet or my "for good" haitian "leather" sandals which are more comfortable but were my "going out" sandals as they are more dressy looking but they are now my everything sandal.