My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Monday, January 09, 2006

Friends

I realize often that I have wonderful friends - some that I have from BC and others that I have been blessed to meet here in Haiti when they come for short term mission trips.

I can think of 4 ladies that I have met here in Haiti with whom I have a lasting friendship.
These gals can understand some aspects of what I am doing and going through better than I could ever explain, we share experiences that have to be lived through to understand, and they are friends that I wouldn't trade for the world. We have a different relationship than I have with some of my other friends, but these friendships are just as real and important to me. I value their input into my life.

My friends from back home - the ones who have seen me through so much - they are worth more than gold! They have stood by me through thick and thin - through the good times and the bad, they have comforted me, laughed with me, and cried me. These friends are women who I would travel any distance for if they needed me. (and I do have guy friends whose friendship I value greatly but nothing is the same as a great girl friend!)

Friends are such a blessing - I love the fact that they know the real me and they can usually see right through any type of mask I might try to put on. They encourage me, they listen, and when needed - they talk.

Some of these friends are older than I, some are younger - age has no hold on friendship. From those who are older - I learn wisdom and in turn, I hope that I am able to pass that wisdom on to my friends who are younger. We have all been down different paths and we are able to share and learn from each other's experiences.

I thank God, my friend, for the blessing you are... for the joy of your laughter...the comfort of your prayers...the warmth of your smile.

May you each know how extremely valued your friendship is to me, how much I love, care and respect you, and how thankful I am that God allowed me to be your friend.

I may be many miles away - but you are always close in my thoughts, my prayers and in my heart!

T