My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Bridge jumping


This is a shot of 5 of the guys from the work team we had at the beginning of December jumping off the bridge into the canal right outside our property.That bridge is the "highway/main road" and our canal road - access road to our land is right at the end of it (where I am standing taking the photo) They swam in it a couple of times and would get quite the crowd watching them. This day while I was up trying to get this photo, a doctor (still in his scrubs) walked up to me and asked me what the guys were doing and when I said they were visiting from Calgary, doing some work down at our children's village and the doctor chuckled and said that he would see them all in a couple of days to treat whatever they picked up in the water. We thought it was very funny because none of us who live here would step a foot into the canal but these guys jumped in without a care in the world. Anything to cool down after working all day in the hot sun!