My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

wind, rain & thunder


Tonight is crazy!
The rain, wind & thunder are going full force..
I got soaked to the bone taking Mirlande down to her house and the rain was coming at me from every direction.. It let up for about 20 mins and is back at it again. There was one "crash" thunder that was so close - I jumped. Herode laughed and asked if I was afraid of it, I said - "Only when it sounds like it is on top of my head." There have been alot of lightening flashes around and are coming more and more so I am going to shut down my computer and unplug everything as I don't want to lose the satellite modem to lightening again...
So, they say that the hurricane & storms that hit Florida never got to us here, but I can tell you that at least their "fingerprints" reached us.... This is like nothing I have ever experienced before.

Gotta run.. going to unplug everything and go curl up with a good book and my discman on LOUD! to drown out the noises...