My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Monday, August 23, 2004

tet mwen pa genyen cheve blan!


this is a view of my head WITHOUT roots or visible gray hair! The same day that I dyed it, I had Maudeline braid it and this is what she did with it. Then because there was a big " soccer match for peace" Wednesday the 18th between Brazil & Haiti, she put colored elastics on the ends... and since all Haitians are fanatics for Brazil, she put in yellow and green, all the kids were very happy that I was supporting their team.. So Brazil was here playing Haiti and beat them 6-0.. Everything shut down on Wednesday because of the game... you couldn't do anything in Port au Prince... roads were blocked off, stores were closed.. telephone lines were busy. I had a friend who flew in to Haiti on Wed. and she said the airport was crazy since she arrived at the same time as the President of Brazil... she ended up waiting 3 hours for her luggage because everything was backed up due to the President's arrival.. she said that the tarmac was filled with Brazilian UN military as they stood awaiting the arrival of their President and their soccer team.. ain't life in Haiti grand!!!