My life in Haiti - Aug '04 to Feb '06

Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday...

I don't know if I have ever been so sad to see a Friday arrive! It means that I only have the weekend left oh - and Monday - which I know will be filled with lots of last minute stuff and making sure I am fully prepared to leave (which will include basically taking apart my bedroom - clock, lamp, curtains, bathroom stuff - all must either be down at Ronel's or in my suitcase by Monday evening!) Monday I'll be sleeping in a bare room - with my bed & my alarm clock - I will leave out my toothbrush, toothpaste & hairbrush for Tuesday morning and then they will get tossed into my carry on. Last night I went up to pack and was exhausted! So this morning I took out some time and went and packed - Well, I got everything into my suitcase but when I weighed it - it weighed 90lbs! I am allowed 50lbs and had thought of paying to be able to take 70lbs but either way - my suitcase is way overweight! ARGH! So it looks like I am going to have to do some rearranging and see if I can get everything into my 2 suitcases and 1 carry on and not be overweight - looks doubtful but I'll try! Also looks like I am going to have to be tougher on leaving stuff behind! :S I don't like that idea at all! :(

I'll let you know how my packing goes!